Nordegg the Name

Originally Nordegg was found by a gentleman by the name of Martin Nordegg, who stumbled upon it in the spring of 1910. He was a German scientist in search of coal for the Canadian Northern Railway. As a fluke, he spotted an exposed coal fluke at the present day Nordegg location. The town was officially named "Nordegg" in 1914, along with the arrival of the Canadian Northern Railway.